Monday, March 6, 2017

Pretty Little Studio | Too Cute

Today, I'm stopping in to share my first layout with my Ain't Life Grand, that's coming to the Pretty Little Studio shop soon...hopefully next week!!  Starting this month, I'll be sharing two posts on the PLS Blog, and bringing you inspiration using my collections.  I had to get creative with my first layout, because I only had part of the collection...Journaling Cards and Die Cuts.


I decided to use one of the Cloud Nine 6×4 Pocket Cards and and a couple of the Hello Today 3×4 cards as my patterned paper.  Before adding the cards to my background, I drew the words Too Cute on my White card stock with the Silhouette Sketch Pens and then hand stitched over the title.  I also added machine stitching to the cards, before placing them on the layout.


I placed my photo over the Journaling Cards and also brought in one of the Easy Breezy Shipping Tags for more layering.  Next up, it was time to add some of the fun die cuts!  I used a mix of pieces from the Document This pack, the Bloomin’ Blooms pack and the Framed pack.  When I’m using die cuts on my layouts, I like to use pop dots with some of the pieces to add a dimensional look on the layout.


I wanted to add some textural embellishments to the layout, but not having any from the collection yet, I had to turn to my scrappy stash.  I used some enamel dots and a paper clip arrow, that coordinated with the colors in Ain’t Life Grand.  I also grabbed one of the Flair Buttons from my Tinsel Town collection, that went with the colors in the layout.  I love it when you can mix items from different collections!

I have a process video to go along with my layout, showing how everything came together.  You can check it out here!


I can’t wait for the Ain’t Life Grand collection to be available in the Shop!  I hope you’ve found some inspiration from my layout today, and that you’re looking forward to picking up some of this bright and happy collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment